The Cochrane Farmers’ Market and COVID-19
What you need to know
Farmers’ markets play a critical role in the local food distribution network. Farmers’ markets provide a vital source of fresh fruits, vegetables and food staples for our communities. We must be mindful that despite the fact that restrictions have eased, we should continue to do our part to keep our neighbours and our community safe.
This year the farmers’ market will return to being the community hub we all love – the place where we gather to do our weekly shopping while taking time to socialize with friends and neighbours. While we continue to follow public health and safety advisories and best practices we will be welcoming the safe and responsible return of the community elements we have missed over the past years. Stay tuned for updates!
Observe Public Health Orders
• DO NOT visit the market if you have tested positive or have sign of illness or suspected exposure.
• Assess your personal risk and feel welcome to wear face coverings at our market. Respect the choices made by others.
• “Senior Hour”: We will not be designating a Senior Hour at this time. This will be reviewed throughout the season should conditions indicate that our more vulnerable populations (including seniors over 60, those who are immune compromised or have health concerns, and caregivers) would be supported with this dedicated hour.
• As you shop in the market, please observe physical distancing to keep yourself and others safe. The market is open and spacious, we can easily observe distancing by remaining aware.
• Vendors change from week-to-week. Refer to weekly vendor lists posted on our Facebook page and the Market by the Bow page or sign up for weekly e-news at the bottom of this page.
• Check the vendor lists at each aisle in the market to find the vendors on your list.
• Vendors will serve one customer at a time, respectfully wait your turn in a physically distanced line.
• To reduce cross-contamination, do not touch products you do not intend to buy.
• Payment methods: most vendors offer contact-less payment methods to minimize cash transactions
• Vendors will bag products selected for purchase. If you have your own reusable bags or market basket, items will be placed on a transfer surface after purchase, you will be able to bag your items.
• Direct sales from vendor: customers can purchase directly while respecting modified purchase methods being utilized by individual vendors
• Walk-up pick up from vendor: individual vendors may offer the option to pick up prepaid orders at the vendor booth
• Drive-thru contact-less delivery: individual vendors may offer the option to obtain prepaid orders with contact-less delivery in the drive-thru zone located adjacent to the main market.
Additional Safety Measures
• Wash or sanitize your hands before arriving and after leaving the market to protect yourself and others.
• Hand sanitizer is available at the market for your use.
• Vendors will be cleaning and sanitizing high touch surfaces in their stall.
• As always – wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly when you get home.
We’re All In This Together
Please remember that the Cochrane Farmers’ Market is run ENTIRELY by volunteers who are doing their best to ensure that the market offers a safe and welcoming experience for visitors and vendors alike. Please be kind and respect the rules put in place by the Cochrane Farmers’ Market as well as the individual choices of others.